This red and white pennant from Maple Avenue School in Basking Ridge dates probably to 1948-1969.
Maple Avenue School, also known as Basking Ridge School, was built in 1903 to replace the Brick Academy and Franklin Corners School. In 1939, it was closed after the new Oak Street School was built. Bernards Township planned to use the building for municipal offices, but it remained vacant until it reopened as a school (1948-1969).
The building was demolished in 1973, and the site is now occupied by the Bernards Township Library.