In 1932, Somerset Hills Airport was dedicated, and a commemorative envelope marked the occasion. Postmarked in Basking Ridge, it went airmail of course!
The airport was located on the east side of South Maple Avenue at the corner of Lord Stirling Road. The facility was built on the former Walter E. Fenner (1885-1965) property.
A fire in February 1980 destroyed the hanger, which was not insured, and four airplanes (Bernardsville News, Feb. 14, 1980, p. 8). The property was subsequently sold to a housing developer.