Far Hills Station

Click to Enlarge.

This 1909 real picture postcard shows the original Far Hills, NJ, Train Station with the freight house on the left.   The station was built in the 1890s when the railroad was extended from Bernardsville to Gladstone.   The current concrete Far Hills station replaced it in 1914, but the original was moved.   Most railroad stations can’t run far so we were able to track this one down easily.    The old station was purchased in 1914 by local contractor William B. Flomerfelt (1859-1922) and now stands at 7 Spring St. where it is a private residence.